"Yeah, I have friends, but they have friends, and they have parties, and I'm so awkward."

Thursday, September 27, 2012

On a Scale of Awkward to Karin...

Karin is my sister, and if there's anyone who's even close to as awkward as I am, it's her. I love her to death and we have a lot of fun together.

That's us last year at her Speech Tournament

Last week, she came to visit me at the U. (She actually came on a field trip for her CIS class, but I like to pretend that she came all this way just for me). I met up with her after I was done with my nutrition class. We got some lunch and ate it out in the mall. 

When Karin was younger, she would always give people what we called a backwards hug. She would stand up straight, turn so her back was facing you, walk slowly backwards and then just stand there while you hugged her. She would never hug back. Well, she never really got over this. When we were done with lunch, I had to head back to St. Paul and she had to head to Coffman to meet up with her group. I asked her if I could give her a hug before she left (because to her, a hug isn't a natural way to say good bye). Her response was "but there are people here!". Well, I ended up giving her a sideways/backwards/Karin hug. She didn't hug me back. 

Sitting in the grass after our lunch

Us being the Eiffel Tower in Paris!

An example of the backwards hug


Next week, I think my friend Ben is going to write a guest post. We have lots of great awkward moments together but he's got an especially awkward moment to share with the world. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment