"Yeah, I have friends, but they have friends, and they have parties, and I'm so awkward."

Sunday, September 9, 2012

I just work here, NBD.

So here's a quick little blurb before I head off to work for the day.

My fiance likes to make fun of me because I say "hello" to everyone that I know whenever I see them, even if I have to go EXTREMELY out of the way to do it. In my opinion, that's less awkward than both of us knowing that the other person is there and not doing anything about it.

Well, yesterday, I was at work at the Mall of America and I had just gotten my Chipotle for lunch. I was headed back to the break-room when I saw one of my friends that works at a nearby restaurant. Of course, I turn and look at her and walk sideways until she notices me, give her a big wave and shout "How's it going?". Almost every single person walking near me turned around and thought I was talking to them because I was so loud. Awkward. Anyways, we have a quick conversation while I'm walking sideways to work. That conversation comes to a halt when I run smack-dab into another person. Now, this guy was walking in a forwards direction, so you'd think he would see me and get out of my sideways way, but I guess life doesn't work like that. At this point, I had almost rounded the corner to a point where I couldn't see my friend anymore, so I'm hoping that she and the other servers didn't see what happened, but with my luck, they probably got it on video.

That was my awkward moment for the day yesterday. It was pretty awesome. Now I'm off to work to have more awkward interactions with customers. I can't wait until I have a big girl job.

No comments:

Post a Comment