"Yeah, I have friends, but they have friends, and they have parties, and I'm so awkward."

Monday, October 15, 2012

Social Media Purge

Okay, so this post isn't really about anything awkward in my life, I'm just going through social media withdrawal. This past weekend, Ben and I decided that we were going to do a social media cleanse, so basically, no Twitter and no Facebook. I AM GOING CRAZY. We didn't list blogging and instagram as social media sites, even though they are, I feel like that would have been too difficult. Here's a list of things that I've done today instead of going on Twitter:


  • Bought a new phone case! (it's from Etsy and it has a giraffe on it!!)
  • Checked the tracking information on my latest Victoria's Secret purchase 17 times
  • Read every single article on yahoo news
  • Watched cat videos on youtube for 45 minutes
  • Ate a shit ton of Subway
  • Wrote a note
  • Shopped for a birthday present for a friend
  • Edited some photos
  • Reloaded Instagram continuously for awhile (I didn't keep track of the time for this one)
  • Drew a picture of a whale
  • Looked up tour dates for NeverShoutNever and realized that they were going to be in St. Paul on Black Friday
  • Tried to figure out how I can get out of working on Black Friday (so far, I've been unsuccessful with this endeavor) 
  • Written this blog post
  • Checked my email 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 times
  • Drew up a tattoo design
  • Texted almost all of my phone contacts
And all this was done in like the last two hours. I swear, I'm going crazy. I SERIOUSLY have a problem so I guess it's a good thing that I'm doing this. Hmmm. Yeah.

3 comments:

  1. Well since you're my best twitterer (is that a word)? I'll give up twitter for a week too, just to show that I'm supporting you. Not sure about facebook though, but I did give up refined sugar for October if that counts? BTW, nice t-rex video. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and by the way it took me 4 attempts to type in the characters displayed so your blog didn't think I was a machine. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Love you mom. That's pretty sad. I've gotten a few machine generated comments on how I can enlarge my man-hood. I wonder how many times they had to type in the letters ;)

    ReplyDelete