"Yeah, I have friends, but they have friends, and they have parties, and I'm so awkward."

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Do these jeans make my butt look big?

The other night, when I was waiting in line for my chicken wrap, and fresh cranberry juice, I was approached by a man who looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties. This is a transcript of our conversation:

Creepy Man: "Can I ask you a question? Do you think these pants go with this shirt?"
(he was wearing light blue jeans with a shirt that was almost exactly the same color)

Me: "Um, yeah, it looks fine"

CM: "What about these pants?"
(he pulls a pair of darker jeans out of a shopping bag)

Me: "Yeah, I like those better"

CM: "What kind of shoes would you wear with them?"

Me: "I don't know, maybe nicer dress shoes?"

CM: "So you wouldn't wear like sketchers or something like that?"

Me: "No, I'd wear something nicer, I feel like tennis shoes are too boring"

CM: "What about the shoes I'm wearing right now?"
(we was wearing black tennis shoes)

Me: "No, I would wear brown shoes"

CM: "And what would you say if you were going dancing? What kind of shoes would you wear? More dressy or more casual?"

Me: "I say go big or go home, if you're going out, wear the nice shoes"
(at this point I flashed my engagement ring, hoping that he wasn't about to ask me dancing)

CM: "Alright, well, thank you for your advice!"

And then he walked away. I got my sandwich and went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment